Rating: 4.4 out of 5
Are you looking for a foundational course to help you dive into the world of semiconductor materials and PN junction diodes? Then this online course is just for you! Packed with animations to make learning as engaging and effective as possible, you’ll also get a hands-on experience with problem-solving using MATLAB throughout the course.
The course begins with an introduction to the very basics of electronics. It then covers solid structures such as simple cubic, base centered cubic, face centered cubic, and diamond structures. From there, you’ll learn about atom structure, periodic tables, and bonding in solids. As the course progresses, you’ll explore intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors, energy levels, and the conduction process, culminating in a deep dive into the PN junction and its physical characteristics. By the end of this course, you’ll have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of semiconductors and be well-prepared to tackle more advanced topics in circuit design.
Udemy usually has a very limited availability of discount codes, by clicking the check and activate coupon button below we’ll try to automatically find and apply a coupon for you (if any are available).
Skills you’ll learn
- Understanding fundamentals of semiconductor materials and PN junction diodes
- Identifying the different types of solid structures (simple cubic, base centered cubic, face centered cubic, and diamond structures)
- Learning about atom structure, periodic table, ions, and stable atoms
- Grasping bonding in solids and generation-recombination concepts
- Differentiating between intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors and their energy levels
- Analyzing conduction processes in semiconductors, including drift and diffusion currents
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of PN junctions and their physical characteristics
- Interpreting current-voltage characteristics of semiconductor materials
Dive into the fascinating world of electronic circuits with the highly-rated course “Electronic Circuits – Part 1: Semiconductors” led by the knowledgeable instructor, Ali Mavahebi Tabatabai. Spanning 35 comprehensive lessons, this stellar learning experience has already captivated the minds of 149 eager students. Join this growing community and explore the magic of semiconductors today!