Rating: 4.6 out of 5
If you’ve ever wanted to be a journalist, but didn’t know where to start or thought you needed a college degree first, you’re in luck! “How to be a Journalist – The Complete Guide” is a comprehensive online course created by Tony Bosworth, an experienced international editor and journalist. Forget about spending thousands on a degree; this course equips you with all the skills needed to become a professional journalist. As a bonus, you’ll also learn how to earn a living writing great journalism.
The course, filled with video lectures, assignments, and quizzes, covers a wide range of topics such as identifying news, crafting engaging stories, interviewing techniques, media law, and even how to pitch your stories to editors. Tony’s extensive experience and inside knowledge of the industry are perfect for anyone, regardless of age or experience level, to turn their passion for writing and storytelling into a fulfilling journalism career. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for this course today and take the first step toward becoming a real journalist!
Udemy usually has a very limited availability of discount codes, by clicking the check and activate coupon button below we’ll try to automatically find and apply a coupon for you (if any are available).
Skills you’ll learn
- Crafting well-written news stories and compelling features
- Conducting effective interviews and getting people to talk
- Understanding and navigating media law
- Writing accurate headlines and using quotes correctly
- Planning and setting up interviews
- Specialist reporting and court reporting
- Pitching stories to editors and understanding the importance of word count
- Ensuring accuracy and adhering to style guides
In Tony Bosworth’s comprehensive course on journalism, over 3,600 eager learners have embarked on a 45-lesson journey to master the art of reporting and storytelling. With an impressive 4.6 out of 5 stars, this guide is undoubtedly shaping the future of journalistic excellence.