Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Dive into 2500 years of philosophical history with this intriguing online course! By the end, you’ll have a solid understanding of basic philosophical ideas, schools, and approaches, as well as the most influential philosophers from around the world. The course is broken down into four major parts, each with two or three sections for easy comprehension.
In the first part, explore the origins of philosophy, why humans are the only species to have invented it, and the many branches within. Moving on to part two, you’ll learn about the origins and differences between Eastern and Western philosophy, including their emphasis on spirituality or rationality. Notable philosophers such as Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Buddha, Lao Tzu, and Confucius will be examined. In part three, delve into the philosophy of life and human civilization, discussing the works of renowned philosophers like Rousseau, Voltaire, and Bertrand Russell. Finally, in part four, tackle the question of knowledge and human motivation, discussing schools of thought such as European rationalism and British empiricism, and the philosophies of Hegel and Schopenhauer. This engaging course offers a comprehensive journey through the rich history of philosophy.
Udemy usually has a very limited availability of discount codes, by clicking the check and activate coupon button below we’ll try to automatically find and apply a coupon for you (if any are available).
Skills you’ll learn
- Understanding the origins and evolution of philosophy.
- Differentiating between Eastern and Western philosophical approaches.
- Familiarizing with key philosophers from both traditions.
- Grasping concepts of the philosophy of life and human civilization.
- Exploring the purpose of human life and civilization.
- Comparing European rationalism and British empiricism.
- Learning about Kant’s reconciliation of the two philosophies.
- Analyzing human motivation through sociological and psychological philosophical perspectives.
Dive into the fascinating world of Philosophy with Matt Kyoto’s enthralling course designed for beginners. Over 12 thought-provoking lessons, 122 eager students have engaged their minds, giving the course an impressive 4.7-star rating. So why not join them, explore timeless ideas, and embark on an intellectual adventure that will enlighten your mind and soul?