Rating: 3.4 out of 5
Imagine the human genomic sequence stretching for 5,000 km, filling up 3,000 books the size of a regular book! Sounds like an overwhelming task to analyze, right? Well, not anymore. Thanks to powerful tools and databases, you can begin making sense of DNA, RNA, and genome sequences. If you’re curious about DNA sequencing, protein synthesis, or vaccine design, then this introductory course is perfect for you.
Students, researchers, data scientists, bioinformatics engineers, and computational biologists will benefit from this beginner-friendly guide to bioinformatics in Python. Using libraries like BioPython, Biotite, Scikit-Bio, and BioJulia, you’ll dive into sequence analysis, sequence alignment, custom functions for analyzing DNA, RNA, and proteins, and more. Plus, you’ll analyze the DNA sequence of Covid-19 and MERS. This course, structured like a reference material, will equip you with the foundational knowledge you need to explore the world of biological data with Python.
Udemy usually has a very limited availability of discount codes, by clicking the check and activate coupon button below we’ll try to automatically find and apply a coupon for you (if any are available).
Skills you’ll learn
- Sequence analysis with BioPython and Biotite
- Performing sequence alignment using code
- Creating custom functions for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis
- Basic bioinformatics with Python
- Analyzing DNA sequences of Covid-, MERS, and more
- Utilizing powerful tools and databases to understand genomic sequences
- Applying Python skills for biological data analysis
- Gaining insights from large sums of biological data
Delve into the fascinating world of Bioinformatics, guided by the knowledgeable Jesse E. Agbe through an extensive series of 46 lessons. Join the ever-growing community of 2,375 enthusiastic learners who have embarked on this educational journey, and enjoy the course experience with a respectable rating of 3.4 out of 5.