Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Are you eager to dive into the fascinating world of Bioinformatics, but need a solid foundation in DNA, RNA, and Genetics? Look no further, because this course is designed for those just like you! By the end of the course, not only will you have a comprehensive understanding of Next Generation DNA Sequencing Analysis, but you’ll also be well-acquainted with the cloud-based platform, Galaxy, for analyzing large datasets.
This introductory course is perfect for those new to Next Generation Sequencing Analysis and only requires basic knowledge of Biology and Chemistry at the high school 10th-grade level, elementary Statistics, and most importantly, a passion for Biology! Oh, and don’t worry – there’s a step-by-step guided project included to make sure you can assess and improve the quality of raw data from an Illumina sequencer using FastQC and Trimmomatic. So, what are you waiting for? Enroll today and launch your career in Bioinformatics!
Udemy usually has a very limited availability of discount codes, by clicking the check and activate coupon button below we’ll try to automatically find and apply a coupon for you (if any are available).
Skills you’ll learn
- Strong foundation in DNA, RNA, and Genetics
- Thorough understanding of Next Generation DNA Sequencing Analysis
- Proficiency in using a cloud-based platform, Galaxy, for analyzing large datasets
- Ability to assess the quality of raw data
- Skill in using FastQC and Trimmomatic to improve data quality
- Familiarity with the biology prerequisites and quality control in NGS
- Experience in analyzing data from an Illumina sequencer
- Knowledge of elementary statistics, interpreting charts, histograms, and box-and-whisker plots
Delve into the fascinating world of genetics and bioinformatics with esteemed instructor Shreeya Kumaresan as she expertly guides you through 27 enlightening lessons. Garnering rave reviews and boasting over 5,180 eager students, this course promises to equip you with essential knowledge on next-generation sequencing techniques to unravel the complexities of genetic data. With a stellar 4.5 out of 5 rating, there’s no better time to embark on this enthralling educational journey and expand your scientific horizons!