Rating: 4.8 out of 5
Getting started in game development has never been easier with this online course that demystifies Unity’s interface and plethora of tools. Using her internationally acclaimed teaching style and knowledge from over 25 years in the industry, Penny will take you from a complete beginner to a confident user of Unity. Throughout the course, you’ll follow hands-on workshops designed to help you become familiar with all the functionality of the game engine, and work towards the creation of a First Person Shooter set in a post-apocalyptic world complete with zombies!
The course covers essential topics such as the Unity Development Environment, Unity’s C# interface, terrain sculpting tools for creating game maps, first person characters and animations for walking, shooting, and reloading, inventory systems, and more. Added to that, you’ll also learn how to work with an array of special effects, construct ragdoll models for dynamic death animations, create a heads up display, and build your game into a standalone product. With all assets and incremental project files included, this is the perfect course to help you dive into the world of game development with Unity. So whether you’re an absolute beginner or someone looking to learn a few new techniques, don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
Udemy usually has a very limited availability of discount codes, by clicking the check and activate coupon button below we’ll try to automatically find and apply a coupon for you (if any are available).
Skills you’ll learn
- Navigating and utilizing the Unity Development Environment.
- Coding in Unity’s C# interface.
- Creating game maps using Terrain Sculpting Tools.
- Designing and animating First Person Characters, including walking, shooting, and reloading.
- Implementing Pickup Items for medical kits and ammunition.
- Animating and programming zombie movements and behaviors.
- Developing an inventory system to track player health and ammunition.
- Building a Heads Up Display to inform the player of their health, ammunition level, radar, and compass.
Embark on an exciting journey of game creation with the highly-rated “Complete Unity Game Development Course” led by the renowned Codestars and the talented Penny de Byl. With an impressive repertoire of 101 engaging lessons and a supportive community of over 5,000 students, this comprehensive course guarantees an enlightening and immersive experience that will make you fall in love with game development. Don’t just join the crowd; become a part of the 2 million students worldwide who have already discovered their passion with Codestars!